Inspire Basketball Camps offer developing basketball players the opportunity to interact with college coaches, professional players, and college grads. Camp places a unique emphasis on education, offering daily workshops in a classroom setting. This camp gives campers the student-athlete experience of both on and off-court training on the beautiful Rockhurst University campus located just blocks away from Kansas City’s Country Club Plaza. Parents will also have the opportunity to attend an optional Q&A information session on the first morning of camp with college coaches/camp staff.
This event is for the serious player, designed to test the will and skill of each camper. The five day event packs an entire college basketball season into a week of motivating drills, skills, and scrimmages. The week begins with a challenging preseason day - after assigning campers to teams, innovative workouts push students and help them identify as and unify as a team to push forward. Days 2-4 are practice days -students have to execute basketball drills, 2 on 2, 3 on 3, pick and roll, as well as learning and executing plays. Day 5 is game day - students are rewarded for their perseverance with games.
Lunch will be provided Monday-Thursday by the campus cafe. Options include, but are not limited to, pizza, chicken nuggets and sandwiches.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability. Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony! Departure immediately following.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Campers will utilize Rockhurt University's Convocation Gym, an addition to the Mason-Halpin Field House, for basketball instruction and one of the school's classrooms for daily classwork.
Sample Daily Schedule
- Inspire Basketball Camps are designed to mock an entire college basketball season:
- Days 1 and 2 Preseason
- Days 2, 3, and 4 Practice
- Days 4 and 5 Game Day Preparation/Games
- 8:30 AM Arrival/Preparation
- 9:00 AM Introduction
- 9:30 AM Classroom work/Skill Stations
- 11:45 AM Review/Cool Down
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM Skill Specific Workouts
- 2:00 PM Game Situations/Open Play
- 3:00 PM Dismissal