More Important Camp Details
We offer Full Day (9:00am-4:00pm) and Half Day (9:00am-12:00pm) camps for boys and girls, ages 8-18, with All Skills, High School, and 10&Under Tennis programs.
2017 Camp Dates & Programs
Camp Program Offerings
Each week we offer an All Skills program, a high school program, and a 10&Under Tennis program. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
All Skills Program
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
High School Program
The high school program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
10 and Under Program
The “10 and Under Tennis” Program features the USTA’s successful teaching format. This is an exciting way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: We will use short courts and full courts during the camp. This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
- All campers: Check-in on Monday at 8:30am.
- Half Day Campers: Check out at 12:00pm on Friday.
- Full Day Campers: Check out at 4:00pm on Friday.
Day and Half Day Camper Schedule
- Monday: All campers check in at 8:30am. Half Day campers depart at 12:00pm. Day campers depart at 4:00pm.
- Tuesday-Friday: All campers arrive at 9:00am. Half Day campers depart at 12:00pm. Day campers depart at 4:00pm.
Lunch is provided for Full Day campers on Monday-Friday. Half day campers depart before lunch.
Campers will play on the 6 waterfront outdoor tennis courts on the Eckerd College campus.
Full Day campers may have the option to go swimming during camp. Details will be provided at camp.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXDEC
Camp is open to any and all entrants and restricted only by age and number of campers.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 9:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 12:00pm Half Day Campers Depart
- 12:00pm Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:00pm Tennis Drills & Match Play
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Full Day Tennis Program