Nike Basketball Camp Charles River School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Basketball Camps
Join Nike Basketball Camps in Dover, Massachusetts this summer or fun yet challenging instruction for all levels that is sure to improve your overall game and basketball IQ! Camp will take place at Charles River School, 15 miles south of Boston.
A Step Ahead (ASA) Nike Basketball Camps are designed for the player looking to improve their game and basketball IQ. Emphasis is placed on fundamental development, shooting, offense/defense, team play, and more.
- Daily emphasis on individual development
- Fundamental instruction, team play, and more
- NIKE Camp T-Shirt, NIKE Workbook, and other great prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Patrick Ferdinand
Patrick is the Head Varsity Girls Coach at Watertown High School and the ASA Hoops Massachusetts Wildcats Girls Program Director. Prior to his position at Watertown High School, Patrick coached at the Cambridge School of Weston and Regis College.View Patrick Ferdinand's Bio ⟩
Patrick has a great deal of experience dealing with players of all levels and finds immense satisfaction motivating student athletes. His success on the court speaks for itself leading Watertown High School to two straight North Finals and being named the Boston Herald 2014-2015 Division 2 Coach of the Year.
Staff ASA Hoops
The ASA Hoops coaching staff is made up of some of the most talented and seasoned coaches in New England! All of the ASA coaches are trained and registered to ensure all campers receive high-quality instruction in a fun and safe environment.View ASA Hoops's Bio ⟩
Now in its twentieth year, A Step Ahead Inc. (ASA Hoops) has become a year-round operation offering clinics, classes, camps and AAU. In 2016, over 2,500 participants have entered our programs. This up-coming year will be ASA's biggest yet, with over 40 camps scheduled and the expansion of their AAU program. ASA Hoops will be one of the biggest basketball operations in New England. Participants, boys and girls, range in age from 7-18 and have come from communities throughout New England and across the globe.
2017 COMPLETE SKILLS CAMP: AUGUST 21ST-24TH
Full Day: MON-THURS 9AM-3PM
Half Day: MON-THURS 9AM-12PM
Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability. Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony! Departure immediately following.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. The State of Massachusetts requires a copy of camp participants’ most recent physical and record of immunizations, shots, etc., in addition to the US Sports Camps health and release form.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Stretch / Warm Up
- 9:15 AM Form Shooting
- 9:25 AM Dribble Series
- 9:45 AM Drill Stations
- 10:15 AM Water Break / Free Shoot
- 10:20 AM Full Court Drills / Partner Drills
- 10:35 AM 3 on 3 Games
- 11:10 AM Water Break / 10 Free Throws
- 11:20 AM Full Court Scrimmages
- 12:00 PM Session I and Session II Half Day Campers Depart
- 12:00 PM Session III Full Day Campers Lunch
- 12:30 PM 10 Free Throws / Free Shoot
- 12:45 PM Shooting Games
- 1:00 PM Spring Break Campers Depart
- 1:05 PM 1 on 1 Drills
- 1:20 PM 1 on 1 Games
- 1:55 PM Water Break / Free Shoot
- 2:00 PM Full Court Scrimmages
- 2:45 PM Camper of the day / Summary
- 3:00 PM Dismissal
Charles River School is located at 6 Old Meadow Rd, Dover, MA 02030. The gymnasium offers adjustable hoops to accomodate youth players of all ages.
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.