Nike Boys Basketball Camp Rockhurst University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Basketball Camps
Sharpen your skills and basketball IQ at Nike Basketball Camps' first Kansas City location! Work with Esian Henderson, professional basketball player and founder of Inspire Basketball Camps, at Rockhurst University and watch your game take flight.
The Complete Skills Camp helps players of all abilities develop athletically, refine fundamental basketball skills and enhance their skill set at the post, wing or guard position.
- Interact with college coaches and professional players
- Designed to mock an entire basketball season from preseason to game day
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play, and classroom work
- Official NIKE Camp T-shirt, NIKE Workbook, and other great prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Esian Henderson
Esian Henderson, born and raised in Kansas City, MO, is a professional basketball player (BDA Europe, 2009-Present) and the founder of Inspire Basketball Camps, LLC. Esian created Inspire Basketball Camps in 2016 to provide youth athletes the opportunity to work with an extensive network of talented players, trainers, and coaches, with an emphasis on education.View Esian Henderson's Bio & Basketball Tips ⟩
Basketball Tip from Esian Henderson:
Esian attended the University of Central Missouri (UCM) and competed in the 2009 Division II Final Four, falling one game short of the Division II National Championship Game.
After graduating, Esian moved on to play professionally in Europe and has since received numerous awards such as eurobasket.com player of the week numerous times, league MVP, Forward of the Year, Championships and one Finals MVP.
Esian is a product of a small college player that got the most out of his ability and, through Inspire Basketball, is sharing his knowledge with youth athletes to help them achieve their dreams. The goal of Inspire Basketball is to help kids understand what it takes to play at the next level.
Professional Athlete, BDA Europe (Agency) — 2009-Present
Since finishing at The University of Central Missouri in 2009, Esian has been employed as a professional basketball player in Europe. He has been contracted to play in 10 different countries throughout Europe since that time, competing at the highest level. He has played for the following teams throughout his career:
- E.S. Rades; Tunis, Tunisia (2009)
- Astrum Levice; Levice Slovakia (2011/2012)
- ZTE Zalakaramia; Zalaegerszeg, Hungary (2012)
- LF Basket; Lulea, Sweden (2013)
- Iowa Energy, Des Moines, Iowa; NBA D-League/MMcite Brno; Brno, Czech Republic (2014)
- Istanbul DSI; Istanbul, Turkey (2015)
- Bondi Ferrara; Ferrara, Italy 2016
B.A. Corporate Communication from University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg, Missouri (2007-2009). Associate Degree in General Studies from North Central Missouri College in Trenton, Missouri (2005-2007).
Basketball Tips by Esian Henderson:
2017 COMPLETE SKILLS CAMP: JULY 31ST-AUGUST 4TH
Check-in: Monday at 8:30AM
Closing Ceremony: Friday at 11:30AM
Camp Meals: Lunch is provided Monday-Thursday.
Camp Hours: MON-THURS 9AM-3PM FRI 9AM-12PM
Inspire Basketball Camps offer developing basketball players the opportunity to interact with college coaches, professional players, and college grads. Camp places a unique emphasis on education, offering daily workshops in a classroom setting. This camp gives campers the student-athlete experience of both on and off-court training on the beautiful Rockhurst University campus located just blocks away from Kansas City’s Country Club Plaza. Parents will also have the opportunity to attend an optional Q&A information session on the first morning of camp with college coaches/camp staff.
This event is for the serious player, designed to test the will and skill of each camper. The five day event packs an entire college basketball season into a week of motivating drills, skills, and scrimmages. The week begins with a challenging preseason day - after assigning campers to teams, innovative workouts push students and help them identify as and unify as a team to push forward. Days 2-4 are practice days -students have to execute basketball drills, 2 on 2, 3 on 3, pick and roll, as well as learning and executing plays. Day 5 is game day - students are rewarded for their perseverance with games.
Lunch will be provided Monday-Thursday by the campus cafe. Options include, but are not limited to, pizza, chicken nuggets and sandwiches.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability. Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony! Departure immediately following.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- Inspire Basketball Camps are designed to mock an entire college basketball season:
- Days 1 and 2 Preseason
- Days 2, 3, and 4 Practice
- Days 4 and 5 Game Day Preparation/Games
- 8:30 AM Arrival/Preparation
- 9:00 AM Introduction
- 9:30 AM Classroom work/Skill Stations
- 11:45 AM Review/Cool Down
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM Skill Specific Workouts
- 2:00 PM Game Situations/Open Play
- 3:00 PM Dismissal
Campers will utilize Rockhurt University's Convocation Gym, an addition to the Mason-Halpin Field House, for basketball instruction and one of the school's classrooms for daily classwork.
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.