Nike Rugby Camp at Oregon State
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Rugby Camps
Nike Rugby Camps is proud to offer youth rugby camp in Corvallis, Oregon at renowned Oregon State University. This program, powered by Rugby Oregon, offers training from current and former Team USA members.
Nike Rugby Camps has designed and coordinated the finest rugby camp system in the nation, benefiting over players of all ages and skill levels. Nike Rugby Camp at Oregon State offers overnight and day camp options. The overnight camp includes key fundamental drills, match play, meals, housing and evening activities. Campers reside in dorms on campus and all rugby activities take place at OSU practice fields. The day camp (9:00am - 4:00pm) includes all rugby instruction, match play and lunch.
Players receive training from top coaches including Rugby Oregon High Performance Coach, Troy Hall. Our coaches are assisted by other local rugby professionals and current OSU rugby athletes who serve as camp counselors. Boys and girls, ages 12 - 18, are welcome to participate. Players are grouped into training teams based on gender and skill level.
- Training from nationally recognized professional players and experienced coaches
- Skill-based group structuring to maximize the advantage for players of all ages and abilities
- Daily instruction and rugby match simulation
- Small group sizes: approximately an 8:1 player to staff ratio
- Opportunity to experience a college environment at Oregon State University
- Individualized player assessments
- Rugby themed evening activities including video analysis, nutrition seminars, training tips and much more
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Troy Hall
Troy currently serves as Director of Development and High Performance for Rugby Oregon and has represented the USA Eagles in both 7s and 15s.View Troy Hall's Bio ⟩
Troy, originally from New Zealand, earned his first Eagles cap as a substitute in a June 8, 2011 loss to Tonga. He started the Eagles' first match of the IRB Pacific Nations Cup as an Outside Center against Canada in 2013. His most recent appearance was against Tonga, in July 2015 where he started at fullback.
- 2008-2015 USA National Team: 7s and 15s
- 2010, 2014, 2015: USA Selects - 15s
- Club - New York Athletic Club (2010 & 2015 National Champions)
regular_coach Rhysard Chadwick
Founder - The Rugby Advantage Coach Educator World Rugby & USA Rugby Rugby Development Manager Play Rugby USA Coach of Multiple Teams U18 National Development (15s & 7s) Coach Educator...View Rhysard Chadwick's Bio ⟩
- Founder - The Rugby Advantage Coach Educator
- World Rugby & USA Rugby Rugby Development Manager
- Play Rugby USA Coach of Multiple Teams
- U18 National Development (15s & 7s)
- Coach Educator Advisor
- United States Olympic Committee Director of High Performance
- Northeast Olympic Development Rugby Academy
assistant_coach Kaitlin Sigado
Kaitlin serves as a rugby development officer at Rugby Oregon. She graduated from Arizona State University in 2015 studying in the W.P. Carey School of Business and receiving a Bachelor's of Art...View Kaitlin Sigado's Bio ⟩
Kaitlin serves as a rugby development officer at Rugby Oregon. She graduated from Arizona State University in 2015 studying in the W.P. Carey School of Business and receiving a Bachelor's of Art in Sports and Media Studies. She played rugby at ASU for three years as a fly-half, inside and outside center. She's very passionate about growing the sport of rugby; during her first year playing for ASU she was trained on the Rookie Rugby Curriculum and from there did local youth rugby outreach within schools around the metropolitan area and also worked with a youth team in Scottsdale. She is originally from Salem, Oregon; graduating from South Salem High School in 2011 and she is "very excited to start exposing the game of rugby to this area!"
assistant_coach McKenna Davis
assistant_coach Winston McCullough
Nike Rugby Camps provide a high level training environment for young rugby athletes, based on focus, commitment, passion, work ethic, skill, and enjoyment. Players receive specialized coaching geared toward developing improved individual and team skills. With coaches who are passionate about the game of rugby, players can expect to further increase their love and motivation for the game.Show Less See More Camp Details
The overnight camp includes key fundamental drills, team strategies, match play, meals, housing and evening activities. The day camp (9:00am - 4:00pm) includes all rugby instruction and lunch. Day campers are to be dropped off and picked up at the end of each day at OSU fields.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in takes place between 1:00-2:00pm on Sunday. Check-out takes place at 12:00pm on Wednesday.
Early arrivals are responsible for own accommodations as dormitory accommodation is not available the night before camp starts.
Linens and A/C
Campers are responsible for bringing their own linens to camp (sheets, pillow, blanket, towels). All dorms have air conditioning.
Overnight campers: we are offering a $25 per player discount for five or more team members from the same team/club. Please call 800-645-3226 and register by phone to receive the discount.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff will reside in the residence halls with the campers and participate in evening activities. Supervision will be maintained at an 8:1 staff to camper ratio at all times. Campus rules and regulations will be strictly enforced at all times.
Campers are responsible for travel to and from camp.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a checklist of what to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to arrival at camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake up and breakfast
- 8:30 - 11:00am Training Session: catch and pass technique, defensive structure, tackle technique
- 11:00am - 12:00pm Scrimmaging
- 12:30pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30-3:30pm Training Session: position specific training; forwards and backs
- 3:30 - 4:30pm Scrimmaging
- 5:30 - 6:30pm Dinner
- 7:00 - 8:30pm Exercise science and training
- 8:30 - 9:30 Film session and evening activity
- 10:30pm Lights out in dorm
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.